What is Yucca Schidigera?
A beloved medicinal plant, Yucca Schidigera is indigenous to the deserts of southwestern America and Mexico. Also known as Mojave yucca, this flowering evergreen succulent is a hardy plant that thrives in sun and requires little water. Historically, Native Americans found many uses for this versatile plant, including fabric dyes, soap, shampoos and medicinal purposes. Yucca’s herbal extract has been trusted for centuries thanks to its compelling health benefits and it can offer a lot to your horse, too!
Yucca's Medicinal Properties
One of the richest sources of saponins (among nature’s most powerful anti-inflammatories), yucca can reduce inflammation and pain in horses as effectively as conventional medicines – without gastric side effects or organ toxicity. This incredible plant serves to cleanse the liver, kidneys, blood and lymphatic system. It works to increase circulation, encourages tissue repair and restores cartilage, making it an excellent healer of internal and external wounds.
Yucca’s resveratrol content acts as an antioxidant that gently detoxes the body, expels free radicals, reduces oxidative stress, protects against organ degeneration and helps prevent cancer. As if that isn’t exciting enough, the plant also works to detoxify the intestinal track, reduce intestinal disorders, and aids in repairing perforations of the gut wall, popularly known as leaky gut. In turn, this helps horses to absorb nutrients more efficiently and become less susceptible to illnesses and allergies.
This succulent herb also helps to prevent colic, and works as a digestive aid, with beneficial effects on intestinal flora and pH. It is commonly used to treat arthritis, ulcers and skin conditions. It also helps balance blood sugar, provide cardiovascular support, reduce LDL (bad) cholesterol, and more. Additionally, the plant is antimicrobial and contains vitamins and minerals that help reduce stress and anxiety, balance blood pressure and strengthen the immune system.
Our yucca herb is a concentrated, standardized extract which contains over 85% bioavailable saponins versus only 3% to 7% left in waste powders. This makes our yucca schidigera one of the most effective on the market!
- Supports a normal inflammatory response
- Supports joints (anti-arthritic)
- Helps prevent stocking up
- Helps minimize pain
- clinically proven to rapidly promote symptom relief similar to steroid medications, with none of the side-effects.
- Supports speedy recovery
- Supports digestion & gut health
- strengthens intestinal lining
- helps re-balance the gut microbiome
- destroys protozoa / amoebas / parasites
- inhibits their ability to thrive & reproduce
- Cleanses liver, kidneys, blood & lymphatics
- Supports immune system function
- Supports balanced blood sugar levels
- Increases micro-circulation
- Helps prevent laminitis
- Helps prevent colic
- Calming effect
- without any irritation to the gut such as found with magnesium oxide
- Antimicrobial properties
- Nourishing: provides vitamins & minerals
- Standardized extract
- contains over 85% bioavailable saponins
- Rich in antioxidants
- Contains free radical scavengers
- suppresses reactive oxygen species that stimulate inflammatory responses
- Contains beneficial saponins
- natural cleansers which gently detoxify & optimize organ function
- May reduce inflammation in brain areas responsible for seizure activity & much more!
Ingredients: A proprietary blend of pure concentrated Yucca Schidigera Extract (85% bio-available saponins) & Potassium Sorbate (mineral-based stabilizer at 0.1%).
Serving size: 1 tsp / day, for every 1,000 lbs of body weight. This can be doubled as needed for acute situations or to initially build up therapeutic properties. Do not feed undiluted! Dilute with water & mix into meal.
Herbal Feeding Pattern:
Yucca has an herbal feeding pattern in order to maintain efficacy over time:
"Six (6) days on, one (1) day off; Six (6) weeks on, one (1) week off"