Ingredients: 100% Dried Marine Algae Kelp* (ascophyllum nodosum) *Certified Organic by QAI
Serving Size: 1 tbsp (12 g) once daily, for avg 1,000 lb horse
What is Kelp?
Grown in "underwater forests" of shallow oceans, kelp is a type of brown algae seaweed. One of the oldest and most powerful superfoods, kelp is famous for it's naturally occurring, non-radioactive, iodine content. Iodine is critical for every function of the immune system, but is particularly important for thyroid health, endocrine & metabolic function.
With over 60 bio-active compounds, kelp is excellent for filling in micronutrient deficiencies. Kelp offers a complex array of bioavailable minerals, vitamins, phytonutrients & antioxidants which are all important for optimal overall whole body health.
We are proud to offer kelp which is entirely natural, sustainably harvested from the cleanest kelp beds on earth & dried at controlled low temperatures using geothermal energy. This carefully selected kelp is the most nutrient‐dense kelp available, containing one‐third less moisture and 30% more iodine.
- Superior Nutritional Value
- Supports Digestion
- Supports Thyroid Function
- Supports Metabolic Function
- Supports a Normal Inflammatory Response
- Balances Blood Sugar Levels
- Supports Balanced Hormones
- Antioxidant Rich
- Nature's Richest Iodine Source (approx 9 mg/serving)
- Boosts Glutathione which aids in Detoxification
- Strengthens Eye, Skin, Hair & Hoof Health
- Cardiovascular Support
- Supports Glossy Coat
- Assists with Weight Management
- Balances pH
- Stimulates Red Blood Cell Production
- Fills in Micronutrient Deficiencies
- Provides Trace Minerals
- Balances Cholesterol
- Supports Stress Relief
- Superior, natural alternative to synthetic EDDI (Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide - aka "organic iodine")
Naturally occurring iron content in kelp:
- 8.8 mg per serving (1 tbsp)
- The average horse receives approximately 1,796 mg of iron from their daily hay ration (@ 20 lbs/day)
- The addition of 8.8 mg of iron from kelp is minimal / negligible
- If you're concerned about iron overload, we highly recommend Hay Harmony™ to help metabolize the iron they receive each day or try our Liver & Lymph Cleanse.
Storage: Please store in a cool, dry place.