Our Cushing's Herbal & Superfood Blend is designed to support the immune system from several angles, including the endocrine system, nervous system, immune function, pituitary function & balancing of hormones including ACTH / cortisol & insulin. Insulin is an endocrine hormone; so by naturally balancing hormones, insulin resistance can subside.
This blend includes chaste tree berry which reads the individual body’s hormonal scape via the hypothalamus gland & acts accordingly to bring balance. Chaste tree berry has a stimulating effect on dopaminergic neurons, which is important for horses with Cushing’s as this disease is caused by a loss of the dopaminergic neurons of the hypothalamus.
First line of defense in strengthening the immune system is supporting adrenal function. The adaptogenic herbs we've chosen have been trusted for centuries to:
- Nourish adrenals
- Help reduce cortisol
- Help manage stress
- Calm nervous system
- Support overall immune system
The highly nourishing herbs & superfoods we've chosen are trusted to provide:
- Amino Acids
- Naturally occurring vitamins, minerals & phytonutrients
- Omega-3 fatty acids (support a normal inflammatory response)
- Healthy fats (help synthesize & balance hormones)
- Improve absorption of fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E & K)
- Help reduce adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH) levels
- Help reduce cortisol production (the "stress hormone")
- Support the liver & remove excess hormones from the bloodstream
- Help balance the hypothalamus gland
- Help balance hormones (including insulin)
- Support improved insulin sensitivity
- Help balance blood sugar levels
- Detox organs, blood & lymphatics
- Provide alkalizing chlorophyll ("green blood")
- Support a normal inflammatory response
- Help increase micro-circulation
- Support joints
- Support overall strengthen immune system
- Help reduce risk of infection & illness
Ingredients: Chia Seeds*, Styrian Pumpkin Seeds*, Peppermint Leaf*, Dandelion Root*, Fenugreek Seeds*, Rose Hips*, Chaste Tree Berries*, Nettle Leaf*, Chamomile Flowers*, Holy Basil*, Red Raspberry Leaf*, Natural Vitamin E (1,500 IU per serving), Ashwagandha Root*, Ceylon Cinnamon*, Reishi Mushroom* & Spirulina*. (*Certified Organic)
Administration Instructions: Provide 1 scoop (35 g), twice daily, for average 1,000 lb horse.
Administration Pattern: “3 weeks ON; 1 week OFF”, in order to maintain efficacy of the chaste tree berry herb. If you select a 4-week supply, you will receive a 3-week supply of the blend with chaste tree berry herb & a 1-week supply of the blend without chaste tree berry.
Note: The texture of this blend is lovely; while it's technically a powder, it is a dense, heavy-weight powder (not dusty), as it contains many beneficial oils from the freshly ground superfoods. This is generally helpful for horses who typically struggle with eating powders or don't find powders palatable.
Storage: Please store in a cool, dry place.