Ingredients: 100% Organic Anise seeds (pimpinella anisum).
Serving Size: 1.5 tsp (4 g), twice daily.
What is Anise?
Anise belongs to the Apiaceae plant family and is one of the oldest medicinal plants on record. Evidence of anise cultivation goes back as far as 4,000 years in ancient Egypt and it later gained popularity across Europe, eastern Mediterranean, Turkey, and Greece. This annual grassy herb boasts beautiful white flowers and is primarily grown for its fruits (anise seeds) which are harvested in late summer.
Anise seeds contain up to 5% essential oils and are famous for rapidly providing digestive relief. With a taste similar to licorice, anise seeds are extremely palatable to horses and excellent for reducing gas, soothing general pain and gastrointestinal spasms, as well as, providing many other nutritional benefits. The oil in anise seeds is also hepatorestorative (restores the liver) and can even stimulate liver tissue regeneration!
Energetics: Anise seeds are energetically warming / drying. This means they can help with signs of coldness such as profuse, watery, clear or white mucous discharge, lack of thirst, seeking warm areas (like standing in the sun), lethargy, stiffness, and cold limbs & signs of dampness such as excessive mucus, lack of thirst, lethargy, stocking up, or a wet cough.
- Supports healthy digestion / healthy gut flora
- Prebiotic (nourishes beneficial gut bacteria)
- Prevents growth of bad bacteria & fungus
- Increases bile production (bile lubricates the colon)
- Relieves bloating & upset stomach
- Supports Balanced Blood Sugar
- Anethole content
- Supports Balanced Hormones
- Antibacterial properties
- Antiviral properties
- Antifungal properties
- Rich in antioxidants
- Astringent / Cleansing properties
- Supports a positive mood
- Galactagogue (promotes lactation for nursing mares*)
- Supports pain management
- Analgesic properties
- Supports respiratory function
- Anticatarrhal / Mucolytic agent (thins mucus & expels from lungs)
- Used to treat asthma, bronchitis & dry cough
- Supports healthy skin & bones
- Helps prevent anemia
- Anti-cancer properties
- Support a Normal Inflammatory Response