Ingredients: 100% Organic Nettle Leaf (urtica dioica), dried,
Serving Size: 1/2 - 1 cup per day (approx 10-20 grams), per 1,000 lb horse. Divide between AM & PM offerings, if possible.
What is Nettle?
Nettle, also known as stinging nettle, is an herbaceous perennial flowering plant in the urticaceae family. Once dried, nettle loses its sting. Recognized as a whole-food multivitamin by herbalists.
Nettle is one of nature's richest sources of iron but also contains serotonin, potassium, silica, vitamins A and C (antioxidant) and a host of other minerals! Known for encouraging dapples in horse's coats.
- Highly nutritious "whole-food multi-vitamin"
- Nourishes & strengthens the whole body
- Stimulates circulation
- Helpful for:
- seasonal allergies (anti-histamine)
- digestive woes
- arthritis & joint pain
- anemia / production of red blood cells & hemoglobin
- balancing blood sugar levels
- muscle wastage
- Soothes the respiratory tract
- Supports the immune system
- Nourishes the reproductive system
- Provides gentle detoxing
- Diuretic (rids the body of water & toxins)
- Promotes clean, healthy blood supply
- Supports cardiovascular health
- Alkalizing / Balances pH
- Bone, joint & connective tissue tonic / Astringent
- Urinary tract tonic
Nettle may have contraindications with certain medications such as blood thinners, blood pressure meds, diuretics, lithium, NSAIDS, sedatives.
Storage: Please store in a cool, dry place.