Ingredients: 100% Organic Chia Seeds* (salvia hispanica), *certified 100% organic by QAI.
Serving Size: 1 heaping scoop (1/4 c / 50 g), twice daily, per 1,000 lbs of body weight
What are Chia Seeds?
A member of the mint family, the seeds of this plant were popular historically in Aztec and Mayan cultures, affectionately called "warrior food". This nutritional powerhouse, consumed mainly as an energy food, is high in antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, protein and omega-3 fatty acids. The seeds are hydrophilic, absorbing up to 12 times their weight in liquid when soaked and creating a beneficial texture called mucilage. Mucilaginous foods are life-giving foods with many benefits, including soothing the entire digestive track.
Chia seeds can make an excellent alternative food for nearly any horse but they can be particularly beneficial for horses with Cushing's disease, allergies and insulin resistance.
- Supports a normal inflammatory response
- Rich in Omega-3 fatty acids
- Rich in Antioxidants
- Reduces allergy symptoms
- Calming (high in magnesium)
- Rich in healthy fats which help to balance hormones
- Provide sustainable energy
- Helps balance blood sugar
- Support hydration & Electrolyte retaining
- Aid in weight loss
- Helpful for arthritis / support joints
- Reduces cravings for food
- Support heart health
- Support stronger bones
- Support digestion
- High in protein
- High in fiber
- Rids toxins
- Supports restful sleep
- Source of magnesium, calcium, vitamin C, iron, niacin, B vitamins, copper, phosphorus, selenium, manganese & more!